I came to blogging a bit by accident, with the eagerness to share my own experience and help other bilingual parents the way I had been helped in my most challenging times on this bilingual journey.
The blogging experience has made me discover a wonderful blogging community, some members of which have honoured me requesting guest posts, interviews or even regular contributions for their own blogs. These are a different writing experience that enables you to take some retrospective on your experience and is both enriching for the author but also (hopefully) for readers facing similar situations.
Should you be curious to read these pieces, here they are listed with their links to my fellow bloggers’ websites:
- 🇬🇧 Bilingual Families and Limiting the Influence of the Majority Language – Posted on February 8th, 2017 on Bilingual Monkeys. This blog in English is run by Adam Beck, the author of the book I consider as my bible book on this bilingual journey: “Maximize Your Child’s Bilingual Ability: Ideas and inspiration for even greater success and joy raising bilingual kids”
- 🇪🇸 Read with Biff, Chip & Kipper – Enseñar a leer en inglés – Posted on January 28th, 2019 on Spanglish Easy. This blog in Spanish is run by Raquel Aliste, a Spanish teacher living in the UK who helps Spanglish families with bilingual education.
- 🇬🇧What does it take to raise bilingual when you are a non-native parent? – Posted on May 4th, 2019 on TheMultilingualHome.com. This blog in English is run by Adrienne Hayes, an American mum living in France, where she shares her experience as a multilingual family of 3 kids and 6 languages.
- 🇬🇧 How do you start raising bilingual when you are a non-native speaker? (Part 1)– Posted on July 8th, 2020 on BiliKids.de. This blog in English, Spanish and German is run by Rebeca Imberg, a Costa Rican linguist family language policy professional living in Germany, and mum to a bilingual daughter
- 🇬🇧 Adjusting your family language strategy – Posted on December 10th, 2018 on AnaElisaMiranda.com. This blog in English is run by Ana Elisa Miranda, a teacher specialising in bilingual literacy.
- 🇬🇧🇫🇷 “Multilingual Family Interview | Amy in France” – Posted on April 7th, 2019 on TheMultilingualHome.com. This blog in English is run by Adrienne Hayes, an American mum living in France, where she shares her experience as a multilingual family of 3 kids and 6 languages.
- 🇬🇧“The Spanglish Embassy”: Creating an Immersive Minority Language Environment” – Posted on April 28th, 2019 on Bilingual-Babies.com. This blog in English is run by Veronika Laughlin, a German linguist living in the US, sharing her insight on bilingualism as a professional and as a bilingual mum.
- 🇪🇸As of May 2020, I will be contributing on a monthly basis to the blog of the SpanglishEasy.com website, run by my lovely bilingual blogger sidekick, Raquel. 🙌
Please make sure you have a browse of these wonderful blogs that are full of useful tips and inspiring experiences for our bilingual families!