Having purchased a first book from this series (“Blow your Nose Big Bad Wolf!“) and really enjoyed it, I got tempted to purchase some more titles. Fortunately, The Book People have a nice offer on for the whole bunch. I do not regret it!
The great Steve Smallman strikes again in this series packed with humour, twisting classic fairytales to introduce morals about hygiene, sleeping, stranger danger, anger management, bullying and more. The illustrations are by different illustrators but all are fantastic, well adapted to each story.
The series includes the following titles:
- Blow Your Nose, Big Bad Wolf
- Don’t Pick Your Nose, Pinocchio!
- Eat Your Greens, Goldilocks
- Get Some Rest, Sleeping Beauty!
- Give Us a Smile, Cinderella
- Keep Running, Gingerbread Man
- Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Wash Your Hair!
- Snow White and the Very Angry Dwarf
- Stinky Jack and the Beanstalk
- The Girl Who Cried Wolf!
Both of my daughters love Smallman’s humour, and giggle everytime. As a mum, I love the use of British English as this is the language I was educated in and for which I have a particular fondness. I also like the last page on every book which is designed to help parents to discuss the underlying topic with their child.
Need more reviews?